Program Specialist/Interventionist Guidelines
1. Assist developmentally challenged persons in achieving vocational/educational/ social goals.
2. Perform daily tasks alongside clients, modeling job skills and appropriate social behaviors.
3. Provide assistance in accessing community resources (making purchases, check cashing, safety awareness, community participation).
4. Follow up on implementation of Individual Service Plans.
5. Carry out all training and behavior modification programs and data collection procedures as prescribed. Keep all documentation current on a daily basis.
6. Complete Annual and Semi-Annual reports and contribute to Behavior Plans as needed.
7. Act as liaison between community worksites/organizations and program administration.
8. Act as liaison between care providers and program administration.
9. Coordinate on a regular basis with other staff, Supervisors, Behavior Specialist, Operations Director, and Program Director.
10. Maintain clients' accounts (if applicable).
11. Maintain a POSITIVE attitude. This is imperative to the success of the program.
12. Ensure that clients present as normal a profile to the community as possible.
13. Act as advocate to ensure the safety and well-being of the clients.
14. Maintain a safe and dependable vehicle.
15. All staff must be certified in CPR and First-Aid. (Behavior Resources will reimburse the cost of the course as outlined in the Policies and Procedures).
16. Other duties as assigned.
What you get by joining the BR Team:
- An opportunity to contribute to the lives of people with special needs
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Pay)
- Option for 401k
- Essential training on Behavior Modification and person-centered approaches
- Become part of a team
- Work outside, in the community
- Participate in Community Integration, and expose clients to new experiences
- Monthly in-service training to enhance your skill level
- Learn to be a role model and mentor for the clients with whom you work
- And much more!!!
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in becoming part of Behavior Resources' Staff?
Please fill out the information below